In the center of Belleville you will find The Learning Journey. We provide the students here with a loving environment geared towards the Pre-K child.
The following is a basic list of our priorities here at The Learning Journey:
- Catered hot lunch, breakfast and snacks are provided.
- Key-Coded Secure Entry.
- Security Cameras in all classrooms.
- Teachers and staff are required to have CPR, First Aid and AED training.
- AED Machine on hand at each center.
- Nurse Consultant on-site training (monthly).
- Illinois State Board of Education Pre-K grant provides funding for 04 certified teachers.
- We are accredited through NAC, which requires teachers to take 20 hours of CEU’s yearly.
- Playground sidewalk is surfaced with poured-in-place rubber and the ground cover is 6-12″ of rubber safety mulch.
- Our playground is enhanced with outside learning as well. Nature lovers will enjoy our ever changing environment with flowers and gardening. Music and a safe water feature are in the midst of the children’s activities. Sand, water and dramatic play round out the outdoor areas.